How to Add Custom Domain to ConvertKit
February 24, 2021
If you want to add a custom domain to ConvertKit and you're using a service like Netlify, then follow these steps.
In my example, I'm going to add shop.joeprevite.com
I don't expect people to land on the root of this URL so I'll use an old project's landing page. It will then show you the DNS records that we need to modify.
My domain is registered with Google Domains, but Netlify manages the DNS.
- Sign in to your Netlify account
- Go to Domains
- Click on the domain you want to use
- Click add new record and add a record for the 3 Type A records provided by ConvertKit
Once you've saved all those, you're done with Step 2!
- Head back over to ConvertKit > Settings > Domains
- Under the domain you added, click "Refresh" on the DNS records
It should verify instantly! If not, it might take an hour or so. Come back later and try again.
And that's it! You're now using a custom domain on ConvertKit!